Monday 16 June 2014

College Images | Vicky Holmes

I have been studying digital and film photography at college for almost a year now and I have almost finished my first year. I have learnt a lot more about cameras and how to use them over this past year and I think that it has helped me a lot. 

We have done a load of different projects and assignments of different photography genres that I feel I tried my best to complete. I think that my three favourite assignments this year were, experimenting with light:






































The first three images were taken by me and the last two were taken by two of my class mates.


These images have not been edited in any way at all as I felt that experimental images shouldn't be photoshopped. If I were to photoshop them, I would make sure that they have as little light as possible as it is meant to be in the dark.


My second favourite project this year was editorial photography, where all of my images were taken in the studio. There were five parts to this project and I am showing my favourite images overall. None of these images have been edited in any way. I felt that as I got further through this project, I was getting better at how to handle and use the lighting equipment in the studio.










 
         
 





















































My third favourite project this year was the indoor/outdoor fashion location shoots. I put a bit of a twist on it and based it around the photography of Elliott Erwitt where I edited my images so that they were black and white with strong contrasts and tones. These were my favourite images from this project:































I think that these images show the difference between a change in light conditions and the effect that they can make to an image on a location shoot. The majority of my images were shot landscape as I felt there was a lot to capture. Some of my lighting could be more controlled using the brightness/contrast/exposure/levels in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment